FPCBs have a flexible, thin base. Such boards are mainly used as connectors between conventional, rigid boards, as part of an electronic product. In this capacity, FPCs (Flexible Printed Circuit Boards) is an alternative to cable connections. Also, flexible boards are used in the manufacture of antennas, inductors, etc.
Flexible boards have a number of advantages over printed circuit boards on a rigid base: reduced size and weight, reduced assembly costs, fewer interconnections, improved electrical performance and heat transfer, and the ability to arrange blocks in three dimensions.
In serial production, a wide selection of materials is available, which makes it possible to reduce the cost of the final product. The company’s specialists will help you choose the best option for your product.
A FLEXIBLE PCB CONSISTS OF SEVERAL LAYERS:
- Base (base material)
- Adhesive layer (optional)
- Conductive layer
- Flexible PP layers
FX PCB RIGID BOARD CAPABILITY
|Items||Mass Production||Low Volume|
|Layer of flex board||Single and double panel||8L|
|Line width/Line space||Inner layer||3mil/3mil (HOz)||2.5mil/2.5mil (HOz)|
|Outer layer||4mil/4mil (1Oz)||3mil/3mil (1Oz)|
|BGA||0.15mm BGA||0.15mm BGA|
|Tolerance of outline (Board edge to board edge)||+/-0.025mm||/|
|Tolerance of outline (Mark to board edge)||+/-0.05mm||+/-0.025mm|
|Surface coating||ENIG, OSP|
For the base layer of a flexible printed circuit board today, two of the most popular materials are used – polyamide and polyester.
Polyimide materials are most widely used due to their ability to withstand the high-temperature brazing process. However, it should be noted that this type of material has a high cost.
Materials based on polyester are not sufficiently heat-resistant; therefore their use in the manufacture of printed circuit boards is limited to a narrow range of applicable technologies. The cost of polyesters is significantly lower than polyamide materials.
Adhesives are not used in all flexible printed circuit boards. There are boards that have only a base material and a conductive layer in their composition, without the use of adhesive. But most products require an adhesive layer that connects the GLP layers together. Adhesives are made on the basis of acrylic, epoxy, phenolic, and other compounds.
The material of the conductive layer is a foil made of copper, aluminum, or stainless steel. The conductive layer in the PCB is analogous to the solder mask in hard boards.
The same materials can be used as the protective layer for the base of the flexible printed circuit board, as well as traditional (liquid photodeveloped) materials.
The protective layer of the flexible board can be made of the same material as the base of the board or from liquid fluorine-developed materials of specialized series solder masks.
Flexible printed circuit boards, like conventional boards, are single-sided, double-sided, and multilayer. Finishing coatings for PPGs do not differ from conventional boards: hot-dip tinning (HASL), immersion coatings (nickel-gold, silver, tin), organic protective coatings (OSP), etc.
PRODUCTION OF FLEXIBLE PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS IN CHINA
Do you want to order the production of flexible printed circuit boards in China? Our company is at your service! Also, if you need custom-made metalworking, then you can order this service at our company.
We cooperate with individuals, with representatives of medium, small and large businesses from various industrial sectors, offering a wide range of work.
The capabilities of SFXPCB allow us to manufacture any products according to the customer’s drawings on a turnkey basis in China at an affordable price. You can order printed circuit boards to order inexpensively in China with us!
THE USE OF FLEXIBLE-RIGID BOARDS ALLOWS IN A NUMBER OF CASES:
- reduce the size and weight of the device;
- embed electronics into a complex-shaped case;
- abandon the connectors;
- improve the reliability of connections;
- simplify installation;
- provide dynamic flexibility of connections;
- simplify maintenance during operation.
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE SFX PCB COMPANY:
- Availability of our own production base.
- Use of high-tech equipment.
- High quality products combined with affordable prices.
- Short lead times.
The range of applications for flexible printed circuit boards is extremely wide – from the automotive industry to the production of hearing aids, from X-ray equipment to industrial control devices.
THE FEATURES OF FLEXIBLE BOARDS ARE OBVIOUS:
- Smaller dimensions;
- Higher rate of dynamic flexibility;
- Maximum assembly efficiency;
- Reducing the number of connections and, as a result, reducing the cost of assembly and increasing reliability;
- Reducing the weight of the finished device;
- Simplification of quality control;
- Optimized heat dissipation and electrical properties.
OUR CAPABILITIES IN THE PRODUCTION OF PPH
Our company creates flexible printed circuit boards:
- up to 410 mm x 270 mm;
- A-class of complexity;
- Based on various types of DuPont films (non-adhesive, adhesive, top coat);
- With coatings of various types, including immersion and electroplating gilding, as well as immersion tin plating;
- Post-machined by milling.
The flexible PCB manufacturing process involves two-factor quality control – visual and optical. This allows us to guarantee the compliance of products with applicable standards
FIELDS OF APPLICATION OF FLEXIBLE PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS:
SFXPCB is engaged in the production of printed circuit boards to order. In addition, the company provides the following services:
- urgent production of boards;
- projects, development and preparation of documentation on the created board designs;
- technical support, engineering support;
- production of boards by analogy, those that you have and want to create a series of the same devices;
- production of printed circuit boards under the contract;
- mounting of board surfaces;
- neat and reliable packaging for manufactured products;
- timely delivery.
TYPES OF MANUFACTURED ELECTRONIC BOARDS:
- HDI printed circuit boards;
- rigid multilayer printed circuit boards (up to 60 layers);
- rigid-flexible printed circuit boards;
- combined printed circuit boards microwave + FR4;
- Single sided printed circuit boards;
- double-sided printed circuit boards;
- printed circuit boards on a metal base;
- microwave printed circuit boards.
A team of professionals performs work on time and inexpensively, for advice, you can call or leave a request on the website, and our manager will call you back. You can order metal processing services in the same way, after the verbal agreement, we draw up a contract and give it to you for study; we sign it and proceed to fulfill the conditions specified in it.