FLEX 4 LAYER
Flexible circuits (also variously referred to around the globe as flex circuits, flexible printed circuit boards, flex print, flexi-circuits) are members of electronic and interconnection family. They consist of a thin insulating polymer film having conductive circuit patterns affixed thereto and typically supplied with a thin polymer coating to protect the conductor circuits. The technology has been used for interconnecting electronic devices since the 1950s in one form or another. It is now one of the most important interconnection technologies in use for the manufacture of many of today’s most advanced electronic products.
Flex PCB are used extensively in applications and industries including:
- Consumer Electronics
Flex PCB Capability:
|Items||Mass Production||Low Volume|
|Layer of flex board||Single and double panel||8L|
|Line width/Line space||Inner layer||3mil/3mil (HOz)||2.5mil/2.5mil (HOz)|
|Outer layer||4mil/4mil (1Oz)||3mil/3mil (1Oz)|
|BGA||0.15mm BGA||0.15mm BGA|
|Tolerance of outline (Board edge to board edge)||+/-0.025mm||/|
|Tolerance of outline (Mark to board edge)||+/-0.05mm||+/-0.025mm|
|Surface coating||ENIG, OSP|
Flex PCB Attributes:
Why you need to choose the Flex PCB?
1. Flex PCBs are incredibly space-saving. In fact, it only requires 10% of space compared to the conventional standard PCBs. It offers great freedom when it comes to packaging and installation.
2. You can achieve the tightest blend capacity with the flex PCBs. Its permeability and flexibility offer such bending.
3. The flex boards work with only a minimal number of interconnections. Fewer connections mean the PCB will need fewer solder joints and contact crimps. It implies that fewer loopholes are resulting in the least failures. Thus, it dramatically enhances the reliability of the components.
4. It works with every possible connector and component available in the market. Also, it works better with ZIP connectors. So, you get enhanced capabilities with the use of these circuits.
5. The flexible circuits are made to function under extreme and challenging conditions. So, these circuits won’t face reduced performance even when the temperature is high or in the presence of chemicals and radiation. To put it simply, these are temperature, chemical, and radiation-resistant.
6. Flexible circuits have fewer connections and components. Also, it comes in a smaller size. All these results in an extreme saving of flexible PCB cost. So, you can save a considerable amount with the flexible circuits.