TRANSPARENT GLASS PCB
Transparent Glass PCB, it used in the LED, 5G, LCD, etc with the 360-degree light-emitting package and transparent glass invisible wire decoration.
The glass substrate has unique advantages in the flatness, transparent, deformation, heat resistance, tear-resistance, etc, the deformation rate is very low under the high temperature working for a long time, the glass PCB can 360-degree luminescence, 80 color rendering index can be 140lmw or more, it doesn’t need to add the heat sink, and there is no light attenuation. Currently, the glass PCB widely used in the LED display, solar, 3D printer, etc
FX PCB developed its own technology on the glass PCB, which can greatly improve the copper thickness and adhesivity on the glass, please see FX PCB capability, and the advantage compared to other glass PCB technology.
For different glass material introduction, you can see from this page. You can click here.
The PCB market is expanding like nothing else to meet the requirements of various electrical and electronic devices. Therefore, you will see metal PCBs, Ceramic PCBs, and even transparent glass PCBs.
Believe it or not, transparent glass technology has brought revolutionary changes in the printed circuit board industry. The transparent glass PCB is used in different LED and LCD devices. However, its most promising use in 5G mobile network will change the concept of communication forever.
So, if you are interested in the most advanced PCBs and keep up your pace with the rest of the world, read our detailed guideline on transparent PCB made of glass.
What Is Transparent Glass PCB?
Before we head into the transparent glass PCB uses and description, let’s look back at our memory on what glass is and why it is used in the PCB industry.
Glass is mostly made of sand, ash, limestone, and soda. These materials are recycled, which is eco-friendly. For different glass material introductions, you can click here.
But let’s take a look at the common glass materials for a brief knowledge of the transparent glass PCB.
- Tempered glass is the most common glass material you will see. It is a reprocessed and pre-stressed glass that ensures added durability. Also, it has higher impact and shock absorbing strength for extreme uses.
- Next on our list is the quartz glass. Although it has a less impact-absorbing facility, its wider use in the electrical and electronic industry makes it the most sought-after glasses. You will see the quartz glass in semiconductors, optical devices, medical and military industry, and what not! It has improved temperature resistance, chemical stability, and UV transmission.
- Sapphire glass is by far the strongest and hardest glass on the planet. Thanks to its high thermal and dielectric properties, it is used in many complicated and high-end devices. You will see its applications even in space and satellite technologies and devices.
Now that we know about glass and its materials let’s focus on the transparent glass PCB. These printed circuit boards are made of transparent glass with a 360-degree illumination facility. It means light an pass through the surface, and you will see illumination from all sides.
That’s why many devices use it for attractiveness as well. However, the best benefit of transparent PCBs is their invisible wire decoration which truly elevates the value of the devices.
Advantage of Using Transparent Glass PCB:
Glass is already an advanced material. And when you use it to make transparent PCBs, it surely adds value to the circuit board construction. The transparent glass PCB is no exception to it.
We already know that glass is among the flattest materials out in the market. But that’s not all. It has some unique benefits:
- Glass, as we see, is transparent. So, it allows light to pass through it and ensures a 360-degree lighting emitting facility. It makes your circuit board even better and versatile.
- Glass is mostly flat. Also, its recycled construction makes it an eco-friendly material for printed circuit boards. Plus, the flatness means it will have the least flaws and excellent symmetrical functionality, increasing the durability and efficiency of the devices.
- Another amazing benefit of glass PCB is its high temperature and heat resistance. Glass can withstand around 1000°C temperature. Plus, it is relatively easy to produce at the mass level for semiconductors and PCBs.
- As glass is easy to manufacture from recycled items such as ash and sands, it is priced much lower than ceramic PCBs. So, with a transparent glass PCB, you can easily lower the production cost of your devices.
- Thanks to water, dust, and heat resistance, glass enjoys the least deformation rating. It enables the glass PCBs to withstand longtime use in extreme conditions. Whether it is a high-heat or dusty condition, glass PCB is ready to take the toll to offer you the longest-running performance with any drop in its benchmark.
- It illuminates 36-degree and has an 80 color rendering index. Nonetheless, you may increase the luminosity up to 140mlw, which is among the highest in the industry.
- You don’t need to apply heat sinking to manufacture these printed circuit boards. So, it boosts the production rate further. Plus, it has free of light attenuation.
Thanks to such incredible benefits, transparent glass PCB is widely used in LCD and LED devices. Also, 5G technology has seen great uses of transparent glass PCB.
Nonetheless, choosing the best transparent glass PCB manufacturer can be problematic for you. But we have covered it up, thanks to our engineering and manufacturing team.
Why Is SFX PCB Best For Glass PCB?
SFX PCB developed its technology on the glass PCB, which can greatly improve the copper thickness and adhesivity on the glass; please see FX PCB capability and the advantage compared to other glass PCB technology.
Also, SFX PCB has 10+ years of manufacturing experience on different printed circuit boards and their assembly. Our one-stop manufacturing technology ensures the lowest cost without reducing the quality of your PCBs. On top of it, we are ready to deliver you the PCBs within the shortest possible time and maintain healthy communication with our clients.
For more information on glass PCB, you can contact us and ask for quotation and pricing. We offer both mass and customized orders to meet your requirements.
Glass PCB Capability:
|Base copper thickness(um)||6-35um|
|Min Track width||100um+/-20um|
|Min hole size||2.0mm|
|Surface Treatment||OSP, Immersion silver|
|Material||Tempered low iron glass; Float glass; Sapphire crystal glass; Quartz glass|
Glass PCB Technology Compare:
|Technology||Copper Plating||Track Technology||Track Precision||Copper Adhesivity||Yield||Copper Thickness|
|Thick film||Stencil||silkscreen||Not clear,poor surface smooth||Poor(1.0)||High(80-95%)||10-25um|
|Thick film||Vacumn plating||Etching||High Precision, surface smooth||Poor(0.7)||Low(50%-70%)||6-12um|
|FX PCB||Own technology||Etching||High precision, surface smooth||Strong(2.5)||High(80%-95%)||6-35um|
Glass transparent PCBs are rapidly stepping their foot in the printed circuit board industry. Suppose you are a communication, medical or military device manufacturer. In that case, it’s high time you focus on the flashes of brilliance and benefits of glass and find ways to apply it in your devices.
And SFX PCB, with its expertise on all kinds of PCBs, including the transparent glass PCB, is ready to supply you with the best materials to ensure your business profit and brand value. Contact us for in-depth information through emails and check what we can offer for you.